The Triathlon weekend was a blast. My friend from Jacksonville came into town on Friday and we headed to Destin. We had dinner at Bay Towne Wharf and stayed at a hotel in Sandestin. The next morning we met my training partner at the race. The triathlon was a ½ mile swim, 20 mile bike, and a 4 mile run. The swim was in the Gulf of Mexico at the Sandestin Beach Resort. I did really well despite being in the first wave of swimmers and having to swim through massive packs of jelly fish. I was stung in a previous Triathlon so I knew I wasn’t allergic; however, it still hurt really bad when I was stung. They were giving out Vinegar sponges and spraying us with ammonia which really helped. The bike was along HWY 98 and 30A. Going out was great but the head wind coming back was powerful-more powerful than my legs. There were also some small rolling hills I wasn’t expecting, and I was very thankful that I got my derailleur fixed so that I could switch gears easily. The run went through Bay Towne Wharf which is mostly shaded and away from car traffic. I finished in 2 hours and 1 minute which made me really happy. I loved every minute of the race and although I was super happy to see the finish line I also wanted to just race all day. Britta finished first in her age group with the fastest female run time. Barbara finished under her goal time with an awesome run time as well. Carl and Morgan met us at the transition zones and then at the finish line. That night we went to Saltwater Grill and had some excellent seafood. The next morning, Britta and I went for a 6 mile run and then I spent the rest of the day sleeping and reading on the couch. We all had a blast and are looking forward to next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fun!!! Congratulations, Leanne! I am so proud of you for finishing in your goal time. That is so awesome! :)
ReplyDelete