ELEVEN MONTHS

ELEVEN MONTHS

Morgan had many 'first' time experiences this month. She started the month by getting her two bottom teeth. The left one cut first but literally a day later the right one came through. She was a little more fuzzy than normal but overall handled it very well. Morgan and I went to my parents house on Feb 27th for two weeks. On Feb 28th, Morgan had her first stomach bug. She woke up from a nap (2.5 hours nap should have been our first clue something was wrong) and had a temp. She snuggled with me for almost an hour and a half before I had to put her down. Thankfully I put her down in the ball pit because within minutes she was vomiting. I was very thankful I was at my parents house because my pregnant stomach could not take the vomiting and I went running to the other room! My parents did a great job getting Morgan and the ball pit clean. She wanted to be right next to someone for the next few days and didn't eat very much for a day or two. A few days later, I left to go back to Panama City for four days so Morgan had her first weekend at Grammy and PaPa's house. She did great! I came back down to Clearwater for the next week and Morgan was glad to see me. Morgan enjoyed playing Peek-A-Bo with her bunny and making noises back and forth with PaPa. She also has become very good at clapping-although she still does it with one hand on top of the other versus the palms hitting each other. She will complete a 'task' and start clapping. She will also clap if you start clapping. Morgan has become more consistent with saying MaMa in reference to me, especially if she is upset about something-there is a distinctive whine of Maaaaa-Maaaaa. She loved my parents play-pin and would take the best naps-I may be borrowing that item too. My parents put up baby gates to protect certain rooms and Morgan would make a bee-line for the hallway anytime the gate was down. She also learned to open the cabinet doors in the kitchen and knew exactly which ones she was not suppose to get into-they added door protectors by the end of the trip. Morgan experimented with lots of new foods thanks to her grandparents. She had her first drink out of a beer bottle-thankfully it was washed out and only water was added. She also had a Candy Cane, ice cream, waffles, sweet potato with butter and cinnamon, ham, corn casserole, and blueberry pancakes. She loved all of it-including the Candy Cane. Morgan now wants a bite of whatever you are eating so meal times have to be shared. She has started to point at things using her index finger. The first thing she pointed to was a picture of a baby on her yogurt cup-it was very cute. Morgan has started to stand without her hands on anything but has not taken a step. She does not like to finger walk with anyone, but she loves to walk all over the house with her grocery cart. She still loves to wear her 'bracelets' and is now entertained to put things on/off her head. I thought she might would wear a St. Patrick's Day hat however she just wanted to pull it off. Her 9 month clothes are getting snug so I went shopping for 12 month clothes. Her morning nap is still about 30 minutes but the afternoon nap is getting longer 1 to 1.5 hours. She does require more work to get to sleep because she just wants to play and doesn't want to miss anything. She still sleeps through the night (8-9pm till about 7am). She is drinking 6 oz of milk/formula every 4-6 hours and is now eating food more. She has oatmeal/yogurt with fruit in the morning. Then she has two 3.5oz tubs of food before her afternoon nap and the same amount of food (if not more) at dinner time. She eats more on an adult schedule 7am, 1/2pm, 6pm which is nice because she can eat when we eat. Morgan really prefers finger foods and is now independent with her sippy cup. I included a lot of pictures of her eating because I think it really shows how much she is able to do at this age. On our way back to Panama City, we went to Carl's parents house and spent a night. Glenda made wonderful blueberry pancakes and Morgan ate every bit!

Carl finished his one week elective course for his MBA and his last regular class for the program. He has one day of finals/presentation and graduates next month!!!! He also had a few days of training in Jacksonville for the big project that starts next month at work. He will have a busy month in April, but his graduation and Morgan's birthday should make it a happy month to remember. I had a girls weekend the first weekend in March in Panama City. A few friends from Jacksonville came over to run the Seaside Half Marathon. They all ran the Half and I trotted the 5K. It was a wonderful weekend and the weather (although cold at the start) was beautiful. I enjoyed the time with friends and look forward to more weekends like that in the future. I also really enjoyed the two weeks I spent at my parents house. It was very nice to have help and company all day long-and great dinners too. I definitely have a belly now and had to purchase some maternity clothes. I am feeling better and starting to get my energy back. Morgan and I will be heading to Virginia at the end of the month to visit my brother, Stuart, and his family. We hope the cherry trees will be ready for the Cherry Blossom Festival!
Spending the day with GG
Getting a taste of Chips at Grammy's house
Morgan's first Candy Cane! She loved it!


Morgan loves to pull everything out of bags, cabinets, drawers...


Morgan playing with PaPa. She put the bucket on her own head as her hat.

Morgan and Beckett enjoying playing outside

Morgan with her St. Patrick's Day hat

Morgan eating her Mac-n-Cheese on St. Patrick's Day

Morgan attempting to scoop up her food with her spoon and eat it

In for the scoop

Morgan drinking her sippy cup while eating Spinach Ravioli

Look close-Morgan has Two Teeth

Morgan eating Blueberry Pancakes


Morgan pushing her grocery cart while wearing her 'headband'

Morgan opening all the cabinets at my parents' house

Britta and Me at the Seaside Race


Morgan playing Peek-a-Bo with her Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment