FIVE MONTHS

FIVE MONTHS

This month Morgan has had a lot of firsts-some good and some bad. Morgan got her first ear and sinus infection and gave it to both of us. She had her first dose of antibiotics and has been feeling much better. We have started to make Morgan ‘cry it out’ when we put her to bed. She definitely has the crying part down but nothing has come OUT of it other than lots of screaming. She is persistent. I keep thinking she will eventually get so tired she will need to sleep through the night, but so far I’m the only one needing to sleep through the night. Other than those two things-Morgan is GREAT. She is now rolling in both directions (started about two weeks ago) and is attempting to crawl but only goes backward. She is sitting up on her own (started about a week ago) once someone places her in a seated position. She is reaching for everything and will try to get the food off your plate and the drink out of your hand. The jumper that goes over the door and her standing activity center are her favorite ‘toys’ right now. She still loves my parents' bouncer when she is tired of standing. The Bumbo chair, in front of a mirror or TV will also keep her entertained while I’m trying to get things done. We stopped using the swing as much because she immediately falls asleep, and we are trying to make her sleep in her crib. The Veggie Tales videos are lifesavers when I need 5 more minutes to get ready and she is starting to fuss, but otherwise we haven’t started the TV/movie thing. Her hair is starting to grow a little on the top. She takes 2-3 naps a day in her crib or in her car seat while I'm running errands. She is eating Stage 1 green beans, peas, and butternut squash. We just started adding some rice cereal to her evening bottle. If we follow the ‘plan,’ she gets two servings of baby food (just increased to two jars this week) a day and is taking a 6-7 oz bottle of half n’ half (half breastmilk-half formula) every 5 hours. We need to be more consistent about giving her the baby food but it’s just so much easier to give a hungry baby a bottle. She is 13.5 pounds and 25.5 inches long. Most of her clothes are 0-3 months, but we have started some of the 3-6 month outfits.


Carl and I have been trying to relax from the busy summer. I did not go on any trips this past month and enjoyed being at home for a change. I did one Triathlon on Sept 12th in Mexico Beach. It was fun despite being in the rain for over 3 hours. My time was better than the previous year so I was happy with the end result. I have been doing marketing for my friend’s stationery store- No Regrets-and am planning to do some PRN work at my old job in October. I have been going to MOPS and have had a few Moms Night Out events so I have stayed busy. Carl did not have his MBA program in September so he went to Gainesville for the UF-Tennessee game-The Gators won! Carl really enjoys football season and is looking forward to being able to go to more games. He was finally able to go scuba diving with some friends and had a blast. There have been some changes in management at his work, but he still has his job and it is going well. I thank God for his job because otherwise I would be going back to work. We have both been sick and are praying the Irvine household will be well soon.
The pictures are a bit blurry because Morgan is constantly moving.

Morgan is growing so much!

Morgan sitting up for the first time-Sept 20th

Morgan loves her jumper

The stains on her bib are blood-The teething toy bit her back

Morgan gets very upset when she gets trapped

Morgan is so happy to be able to roll around-Wait till she can crawl!

Morgan always pulls something over her face to get to sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment