Morgan is 6 month old and full of energy. She had a healthy 6 month check-up and is meeting all of her milestones. Her measurements were 15 lbs, 11 oz. (50-75%), 25 inches long (25%-we’ll have to stretch her this month), and 43 cm head circumference (75%). She is wearing 6 month onesies and 3-6 month pants/dresses. She can’t wear 6 month pants yet because they are too long for her short legs. She is crawling everywhere in a backward direction, and if that takes too long she just starts rolling. I got a picture of her standing up unsupported (see below). She stood there for awhile so I went and got the camera and she continued to stand there long enough for me to take a few pictures. She sits unsupported really well and plays with her toys. She can even reach side-to-side and in front of her to get her toys while sitting. Morgan has lost interest in her swing and only likes her bouncer at certain times. She loves her jumper and her standing activity center. Morgan also likes to sit in the Bumbo chair as long as you are nearby-actually that goes for everything at this point. She has started the separation anxiety stage but so far doesn’t care who is paying attention to her as long is someone is. She hasn’t started to get mad when I leave her in the nursery or at a friend’s house, but I’m afraid that stage is coming very soon. Morgan continues to have difficulty with spitting-up after each feeding and for hours afterwards. The pediatrician wants me to feed her less (4oz) and more often (4 hours)-so far it has turned my pleasantly happy spitting up child into a hungry, fussy spitting up child. She is spitting up less at a time, but that could just be because she has less to spit up at each feeding. I take her back in three weeks for a follow up on the issue. Morgan is using a sippy cup for most feedings-I only have one at this point so if it's washed she uses it. She does well but I still have to help control the angle. I am still battling the sleeping issue-so far she continues to win. She is crying from about 3-5:30am but I’m getting some sleep because I have moved to the other end of the house. I set my alarm and check on her throughout the night. She has slept through the night a couple of times so maybe we are on the right track.
I am still enjoying running and have started swimming in the mornings. I placed 3rd Overall Female at a local 5K and won an hour massage. My time was not very impressive but I was happy to accept my prize! I’m going to use the gift card when I find out I’m pregnant. I am still enjoying getting out of the house for MOPS and marketing for my friend’s store. I still do Baby Swap with my friend although last month we were on hold due to travel and sickness. The boy I watch is walking everywhere which is exciting. It is going to be really cute when Morgan can crawl and try to chase him around the house. Carl has been enjoying the football season-especially with the Gators being undefeated! Go Gators! He has made it to almost all the home games, and we are both looking forward to the FL-FSU game. We are looking forward to a busy-exciting month.
I had been taking her in the shower with me
Beckett is 13 months and will be a lineman one day!
No comments:
Post a Comment