SEVEN MONTHS


SEVEN MONTHS

Morgan had an exciting end to October. We went with Grandma Glenda to a Pumpkin Patch during our trip to Ocala. It was very bright and hot so Morgan wasn't very happy but we had fun. I took Morgan Trick-Or-Treating at a local nursing home with the MOPS group at First Baptist. She wasn't too thrilled about being in her Lady Bug outfit because it was very hot. We got a few pictures when we got home. Our friend's baby turned one the day before Halloween so she had a party at her house. It was very hot that night so I dressed Morgan in a Tu-Tu outfit I was given. She was happy all night and the other babies were very hot-I need to remember next year that Halloween in Florida is HOT.
After we had all that fun, sickness spread through the Irvine house. I got sick about two and half weeks ago and then Morgan and Carl ended up getting sick. The doctor prescribed her another dose of antibiotics which cleared the cough and ear infection. Morgan was very fussy for a few days and is still a little fussy in the evenings. She is also back to drinking from a bottle versus a sippy cup and having more issues with sleeping through the night. Before she got sick, she was only waking up one time and would go back to sleep without much effort on my part. She is back to her old habit of waking up numerous times between 3-6am. I had been dealing with her sleep issue pretty well until I got sick. Carl has had a lot of night time duty over the past two weeks. She is on a good nap schedule during the day so I'm hoping she will start sleeping better at night. Despite the sickness, Morgan met some new milestones this month. She started pushing herself into a seated position on Nov. 14th. She is still crawling in a backward direction by lifting her legs and pushing with her arms. She has gotten really fast and is very happy with that style of crawling for now. She will get up on all fours and rock, but then when she tries to crawl forward with her legs she bangs her head on the ground. Morgan would actually rather be standing than crawling. She loves to stand up holding onto your fingers, the edge of the couch, or her table top toy. She also loves her activity center where she can stand. She only lasts for about a minute or two and then she falls and starts crying. Morgan said her first 'word, "Ba-Ba," on Nov 9th. I was so excited to hear her say something understandable and she actually babbles back and forth. She said "Ba-Ba" for about a week-sometimes more often and louder than I wanted. Then on my birthday, she started saying "Da-Da." She loves to babble now that she has found her voice. She seems to do all of her new skills at night which is great because Carl gets to see them. He was very excited to hear her say "Da-Da." I know I will hear my fair share of "Ma-Ma" over the next year so I'm OK with her saying, "Da-Da."

Carl has been very busy with numerous projects with his MBA program. He also had a week of training in Jacksonville for the project he is on at work. Morgan and I were suppose to spend part of the week with him but we were both too sick. He did not make it to the Gator game this past month but we are both looking forward to the UF vs. FSU game next weekend. I finished 4th Overall Female and 1st in my age group at the Trick-Or-Trek 10K on Halloween morning. It was a very nice course but it rained for the full hour before so everyone's shoes were wet-I hate running in wet shoes. I was too sick to run the November race but I'm looking forward to a half marathon in December-if I'm healed by then. We are looking forward to having Carl's family in Panama City for Thanksgiving. We hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and remember to thank God for the many blessings He has provided.

Morgan has a new smile-It's more of a smirk
I like her Full smile!

Morgan Loves to Stand


This is Morgan's sexy pose

This picture reminds me of Carl's baby pictures.

The weather was cooler for a day!

Morgan was a Lady Bug for Halloween

She was also a ballerina-Her top says "I love my Mummy"

Morgan also loves to play in the ball pit-I plan on stealing the one at my Mom's house.

This is Morgan's favorite toy-I got it for $4

Morgan has started to play with her dolls-
She played for over 30 minutes by herself


Video of Morgan sitting up

2 comments:

  1. She's so cute. Thanks for sharing all those great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so precious!! and growing so fast. Her smile just makes you want to melt :) It doesn't feel like that long ago when I saw you in DC for Jen's birthday and you were still pregnant!

    ReplyDelete