ONE MONTH

ONE MONTH


Cameron's first month of life was a busy time for everyone. The first week she was home from the hospital Carl was in Savannah closing on our new home and getting it ready for our arrival. Carl's parents went to Savannah and helped with painting. The next week my Mom and I were busy supervising the packers and carting Morgan to friend's houses so that she wouldn't be unpacking the boxes as the packers packed them. Then on day 16 of Cameron's life we made the long awaited move from Panama City to Savannah, GA. I was very glad to move but was also sad to leave my friends and nervous about moving to a new town with an infant and 16 month old. Cameron did great and slept for the first few weeks of her life...this was very helpful. My Mom stayed with us from before Cameron's birth till after the move. My Sister-In-Law (Dana) and niece (Kindell) also came down from VA to help with the unpacking. I was very thankful to have the extra help especially since the unpackers did a really bad job (we actually just told them to leave and had another crew come back on another date). My Dad came up for the Labor Day weekend and helped Carl start clearing our front lawn. The house we bought is going to be an amazing home and is in a great neighborhood but was a foreclosure that sat empty for at least 9 months so the Honey Do List is more of a book than a list. We celebrated Kindell's 9th Birthday on her actual birthday and then later in the week we went to Chuck E Cheese and my Mom took her shopping. Morgan had a blast a Chuck E Cheese and Cameron slept the whole time. I was very sad when everyone left but it was time for me to start figuring out my routine with the two girls.


I don't have one month stats because GA doesn't do a 1 month check-up. I know that she has gained weight and is getting longer...the newborn closes are tight and some of the 0-3 month close are also tight. I am amazed at the things she is already wearing that Morgan couldn't wear until 3 months. She is beginning to wake up more and is having some trouble with 'colic'/extremely fussy during/after feedings. I am still breastfeeding but I'm not sure how long I will continue...the stress from the move and Morgan running around has made breastfeeding an dreaded task and I think something in my milk is contributing to her 'colic' because she does really well with formula. Her jaundice seems to be resolving and she is lossing her 'olive' skin tone. Her eyes are still blue and her hair is black with waves. Morgan loves to watch to baby and point to her eyes and nose. She also spent the past month very upset that Cameron had a paci and she didn't. We actually took Morgan's paci away completely on Sept 9th. She cried for the first nap and was fine after that. She still tries to get Cameron's but she won't put it in her mouth and will actually give it to me or her baby doll (we are using a different style for Cameron). Morgan started a Moms Morning Out program on Tues/Thursday so I am getting some alone time with Cameron. I find myself spending a lot of that time with Cameron in the Bjorn while I do the dishes/clean the house/unpack boxes. I am trying to get the girls on a similar afternoon nap schedule so that I can either take a nap too (oh, that would be nice) or get more house work done but so far I haven't been very successful. I will be honest and admit that some days I wonder if we did the right thing by having them so close together but I just tell myself that in the long run it will be good for the girls. So far, Morgan loves her 'baby' and Cameron is dealing well with Morgan's eye poking, screams, and paci pulling. I am so excited the 'excitement'/stress of the first month is over and look forward to the next month.


Cameron is actually 7 weeks in this picture...I procrastinated just a little!
The dress was given to her by Grandma Glenda

Cameron is one month old in this photo




Kindell's Birthday party in our new house



Kindell and Cameron
Kindell was a great babysitter while we worked on the house



Morgan enjoying Chuck E Cheese


Cameron in her normal sleepy state



Morgan learned to plug her ears...This will come in handy!



Cameron getting her first manicure



First Bath



Cameron is one week old



Morgan playing dress-up


Morgan found a new 'doll' to dress-up

Cameron loves to be on her belly

I got a smile on camera...probably just gas at this point

Cameron is very long
Morgan didn't wear this outfit till she was two months and then it was too long in the legs!

Cameron getting her first sun tan
We had to put her in the sun for her Jaundice so we did very short sun baths

The first day home

2 comments:

  1. Cameron is beautiful, Leanne! Congratulations!! I can't believe how busy this past month and a half has been for you. I hope you can settle into a routine soon. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing doing all that with two little babies, then keeping up with this! I am so impressed! They are adorable and I love, love the pictures. Very hard to nurse when you are doing all that, and you are right about breast milk, when ever I was stressed they had gas! I nursed Harrison 3 1/2 years tandem nursed for 2 years. When I finally stopped my body did not want to give up making milk, it took almost 6 months for it to stop! ouch and then Houston and Hunter I nursed for a little over a year. That was perfect. You are a very blessed family and Lance and I really want to see those beautiful little girls. We have been so consumed with Hunter right now, can't even talk about it. How is GA? Hope you like it, we fish there and I think the people seem very nice and it is pretty, hope you live close to the beach.

    ReplyDelete